KEEPING PATIENTS NORMOTHERMIC IS ESSENTIAL
Millions of surgeries are performed every day, and maintaining the normothermic temperature of the patients is often a struggle. This is even more difficult when it comes to trauma patients. The negative impact of hypothermia can be increased complications and prolonged hospital stays. This, in combination with the extra financial burden, is the reason more and more hospitals take action to reduce accidental hypothermia.
One of the contributing factors of accidental hypothermia is the infusion of cold blood and IV fluids. In one study, the infusion of one liter of ambient temperature saline in an adult, reduced body temperature by 0.25 degrees. The infusion of normothermic blood and fluid warming can therefore help reduce accidental hypothermia.
The °M Warmer System is a revolutionary system enabling fast, easy and efficient delivery of warm blood and fluids to the patient.
CHALLENGES OF IN-HOSPITAL FLUID WARMERS
Current solutions do not always live up to the needs in a busy hospital environment. Some of the challenges you may experience today are:
- Cumbersome and long and set-up time resulting in the risk of errors and loss of valuable time before warm fluid can be given to the patient
- Large priming volume potentially resulting in valuable blood being wasted
- Long warm-up time resulting in potentially large volumes of cold fluid being infused
- Large and immobile equipment – takes up space in an already crowded area and is not easily moved around
- Need for regular maintenance adding cost and reduces the availability
- Difficult to clean increasing the risk of cross-contamination
A NEW STANDARD BLOOD AND INFUSION FLUID WARMING
°MEQU has developed a revolutionary new solution for in-hospital transfusions. The °M Warmer System sets new standards in ease of use, intuitiveness, and efficiency.